Existential kvetches from your typical non-denominational, non-threatening, quasi-vegetarian, politically conscious, orthodox Jewish single gal. Kaenahora! MirtzaShem by you.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Shlock Rockin'

Lenny Solomon has done it again. If you loved the first bajillion albums the man made, you will love this new one. I do not know why there is a place in my heart for these Jewish Parodies, this schlock rock nonsense--they are cornier than cracker jack, and more nutty too, but boy oh boy do they make me laugh. my favorite on the new album is a take off of "if you like Pina Coladas" and is about this guy who is e-dating and his profile starts off like this:

If you like techina on challah
and you know how to lain
I like to learn in chavrusa
and eat gefilta fish with chrain

Priceless. you just gotta hear it.

On another note, I think I need a vacation from my vacation, but I couldnt manage to fit it into my vacation schedule :)

I thought I would be less busy now that school is in recess, but that was a mirage. Aside from the 2 weddings, my sister coming into town, my grandparents driving in, my bro coming in from camp, my other sister going to Israel for school, registering for next semester, studying for prereq exams, registering my sis for classes, selling some old school books on ebay and getting to the postoffice and trying to file away the last three semesters so I have room in my bedroom to write more papers, a grant project through school, making dinner and helping with laundry and dishes and helping my sister with summer homework and catching that clearance sale and swimming and ohhh, I was just called for supper. so I better go, but you see when I tried to plan to go away for a few days....well, there just isn't time.

I must run. Oh, and I am sorry I didn't return your phone call, but you should just know that I have been thinking of you and plan on sending you a rosh hashana new year card full of cheer if I ever get around to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Speaking of which... we have to get out together before your semester starts! It stinks that we won't be ablt to carpool anymore :(

10:56 PM

 
Blogger Maven said...

i'm not a shlock rock fan, but my opinion of them rose inestimably with that gem of a line, "if you like techina on challah."

10:36 PM

 
Blogger kaenahora said...

maven- welcome to my blog ( I dont recall you leaving comments previously, if you have, I have forgotten and I apologise, but thanks for your feedback!)

4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home