Existential kvetches from your typical non-denominational, non-threatening, quasi-vegetarian, politically conscious, orthodox Jewish single gal. Kaenahora! MirtzaShem by you.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

People who play guitar a lot better than I do

I want to learn how to play the Maple Leaf Rag on the guitar, or the piano. This guy YouTube - Maple Leaf Rag (on provided utube link) is amazing. I could watch this a million times. His technique is perfect, He is poised; plays effortlessly. He appears to be Oriental, of which nationality, I have no idea, but I hope that doesn't work against him. Being a foreigner makes it hard to become anything in this country, but he is so very talented. It appears that he is playing this in a coffee shop. That is also discouraging because, they dont pay much for performances at coffee shops. Sill I see he has what it takes to make it big. Hey, if Yo Yo Ma could do it, anyone can. Goodluck ragtime playing floppy haired Oriental guy. Good luck with the gigs.

I have a relative who taught himself Joplin through college. I covet, envy, his dedication, talent, know-how.

I am pleased that I figured out how to link the link to the blog so you could see it for yourself, and while I am at it, I just might add a few more of my favorite little treasures from the internet for your listening/viewing enjoyment. Like, for example, this fine peice of Broznan: (Which by the way, I am also, insanely jealous of: Bob Brozman - The Slide Guitar Show - Google Video - Full Screen - Google Video }

Or, what about my favorite boredom site? SoYouWanna decorate your apartment (cheaply)? (other topics included!!!) This site gives me the hope that I can do ANYTHING as long as I set my mind to it.

The Monty Python Spam Skit! Must keep coming back for more


RateMyProfessors.com Most useful school website ever!!!! Rarely ever lies!

1 Comments:

Blogger Duby said...

bookmarked the soyouwanna site. it's wawesome

9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home