Existential kvetches from your typical non-denominational, non-threatening, quasi-vegetarian, politically conscious, orthodox Jewish single gal. Kaenahora! MirtzaShem by you.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I hear poetry is back in vogue

I want to take borrowed money
and buy a...
large canvas
the size of a garage door, or the side of an eighteen wheeler truck!
emagine that!
but any size will do, as long as its big,
so that I might have difficulty dragging it back,
for impact.

White, perfectly white (well, some imperfection would be inconsiquential), stretched
taunt
over a frame So that I might
dip my roller
Into a glistening pan of paint
Reds and Beige and Black and Yellows

and Create.
a landscape of an abstraction
of an impression of
condensed dew
collected on a glass pane
of a window, looking out.

I want to
place this painting above my bed,
still wet
so that the droplets of paint fall
oneby
one
so that at night,
like the purple crayon that Harold held,
I might
enter a space of my own
creation.

4 Comments:

Blogger anonym00kie said...

beautiful..

why borrowed money?

5:43 PM

 
Blogger Nemo said...

So you're gonna sleep in the wet paint too?

7:39 PM

 
Blogger Jo said...

Do you think your canvas is big enough?
Keep me updated about the progress.
And thanks for turning the gray skies into music :)

12:53 AM

 
Blogger kaenahora said...

hey! thanks for the comments! I don't write poetry, so the feedback is nice:)
1. borrowed money- hm. I don't know why, but it adds a layer of intrigue. Existentially, it could mean that the final product is not mine, after all. I'll let you mull over it.
2'so I'm gonna sleep in wet paint, too' nemo, what is meant by 'too'?
3. I measured the ceilign of my bedroom and I am limited to a space of 12x12
4. poetry and drawing are making a comeback. I read it somewhere. I think it was the Times.

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home