Existential kvetches from your typical non-denominational, non-threatening, quasi-vegetarian, politically conscious, orthodox Jewish single gal. Kaenahora! MirtzaShem by you.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Too PC for a Liberal like me

For someone who is fairly progressive, I am fighting the urge to stick my index finger down my throat so that my toilet can become aquainted with the ingredients of today's lunch and dinner.

I have a wack-job Berkeley educated nut, highly educated, of course, highly intellectual, of course, Bonkers, and Jewish (what else?) For all of her good intentions to appear INCLUSIVE, OPENMINDED and LIBERAL, she does so with the grace of a stampeding herd of barnyard animals:

Here are a few morsels of her lack of judgement:

Prof: ...and what is your name? (kindly asked to Korean girl siting sweetly behind me).

Korean Girl: ...oh, yes! its....Kelly

Blond-headed Shiksa: OH!!! MY NAME IS ALSO KELLY! HEEHEE (snickers to herself...then directs to Korean Kelly...) ...you don't LOOK like a Kelly!!

Prof: ...Well, then... we can't have two people in this class named Kelly. (to shiksa--Whats your middle name?

Shiksa Kelly: Its CHRISTINA!! (giggle)

Prof: (directed at Korean Kelly) So do you have a second name??

Korean Kelly: um...yes (sheepishly) ....but no one uses it except my parents... its , well, you wont be able to pronounce it. Its Eun-Jong

Prof: OOOOOH, Thats WONDERFUL!!! what a LOVELY name!!! I have NO IDEA why you don't use it! If I had a name like that, I would DEFINATELY use it!

Chorus of Lemmings ie, other studnets in the class: Oh yes! What a terrific name! how beautiful! Its...sooo....unique! WOW! Fantastic!! HOW UNUSUAL!

Prof: I will call you U-jong!!!

Korean Kelly: ...um, its... Eun-jong

Prof: OOOOOOH! I see!!!! U-JOng

Korean Kelly: (face red like a tomato) Its Okay if you call me Kelly, Really. I would prefer it.

Prof: NO!! I am going to practice until I get it right!!! U-jong, RIGHT??? (moving closer to Eun-Jong/Kelly's desk) am I saying it right?? is it ooon-jong? you-Jong? u-jong?? Maybe...hm. (big smile appears on prof face. If she were a cartoon, a lightabulb icon would appear over her head) can I just call you JONG?? (big tooty grin--coffee stained teeth, bad breath, you name it-- a lot of gums there, in that smile)

Korean Kelly: um...sure! (under breath) ...thats my mom's name but its fine. (she shakes her head and repeats) its fine, its fine

prof: Well, JONG!!!! (she settles her ample rear back on the desk) we are so very glad, so very FORTUNATE! ...to have you in this class!

(at which point, she turns her wild-eyed mug towards another student, and class resumes at its agonizing pace)
---------

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. its happening again. i drank too much... now I'm seeing double.

11:06 PM

 
Blogger kaenahora said...

man! and I thought I wass anal retentive!!! seriously, dude, become an accountant or something, cuz you are PRECISE!!!

I can only be as good as my computer allows me to be. In real life, I assure you, I appear only once.

11:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kaenahora. two is better than one.

9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home