Existential kvetches from your typical non-denominational, non-threatening, quasi-vegetarian, politically conscious, orthodox Jewish single gal. Kaenahora! MirtzaShem by you.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Hullo 22, Happy Birthday

And so, I am another day older, and everyone makes a big deal out of it. Which is very nice. I know I am truly an adult because I, for the very first time, forgot it was my birthday, and if you cannot remember your birthday, you have truly lost your youth.

Some wonderful things have happened so far, though. My dad bought me a guitar book. My mom got me a birthday hat from the dollar store that is sparkly and says happy birthday, and my sibs drew pictures, which are the best. My friends are getting me a colonoscopy and a lie detector test, and are going out for drinks without me, which is also very nice. At least this is what they are telling me is happening. Still, I admire their creativity, and am moved by their efforts to make my day special. My sister sent me a beautiful package, and my grandparents sung me happy birthday on my voicemail, which is the cutest thing ever(and I discovered my grandpa has a range of two notes).

People renew their vows after years of marriage. They want to reaffirm their commitment to each other. My mom suggested that in honor of my birthday, we reenact my birth.
I think that's a terrible idea, but there's gotta be a market for it.
I am sure the second time around, its a lot less traumatic, you could, for example choose your own obsetrician, and say, opt for a waterbirth. You could choose the people in attendance and select the degree of drama. After all, its your special day.

Last week I saw the most offensive birthday card ever. It was so bad I had to buy it, even though it sreally not funny. On the front is an old couple and a family waving goodbye to them. It reads "Happy birthday, bye bye" and when you open the card it says "You're old, and we wont be seeing you anymore." I mean, like, is that supposed to be funny? Anyway, I am sending it to a friend, but was too disturbed to write in it, so I guess she can always send it on to someone else.... Anyway, this year my resolution is to learn how to dance a bit better, practice my harmonica, and eat really good food. I also promise to be less critical of my mom. Have a lovely day.

6 Comments:

Blogger BlogBlond said...

just wanted to wish you a happy happy healthy and many more!!! and i will not call you and sing...

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy, happy birthday from British Columbia!!!

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Jo said...

How was the birth reenactment and the leftovers? But you know it's not really your birthday unless you're publically humiliated... so let me know when that's going to happen.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Miriam said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Great hachlatas.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger kaenahora said...

thanks all for the birthday wishes! Happy Happy Day! Onwards and upwards, and I wish the same for you.
anysara-i miss you--will we see you anytime soon?

10:10 PM

 
Blogger kaenahora said...

thanks all for the birthday wishes! Happy Happy Day! Onwards and upwards, and I wish the same for you.
anysara-i miss you--will we see you anytime soon?

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home